Explore Austin Trip Leader
Do you love the outdoors? Have experience instructing rock climbing, mountain biking, navigation, canoeing, or hiking? Would you like to introduce your skills and passions to those who might not otherwise get the chance?
Explore Austin’s mission is to change the lives of underserved youth through leadership, mentoring, and adventure. The adventure is where you come in. We are hiring experienced Trip Leaders to lead our youth Explorers and adult Mentors on daylong Saturday events and weeklong summer trips. Learn more about Explore Austin on our website.
- Minimum of 18 years of age.
- Experience instructing any of the following outdoor disciplines: flatwater canoeing, river canoeing, rock climbing, map & compass, mountain biking, caving, multi-day river trips, or multi-day backcountry trips.
- Gear savvy: you have your own for trips, you know how to pack a backpack, and you can fix what needs fixing on the trail.
- Have a valid Driver’s License.
- Current First Aid certification (Red Cross, WFA, WFR, CPR)
- Experience working with students aged 12-18 in an outdoor setting
- Skills specific certifications (AMGA, ACA, etc.)
- Saturday availability in the Austin-area as well as summer availability to travel out of state, including, but not limited to, Colorado, Wyoming, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and New Mexico, for week-long wilderness trips.
Pay ranges from $11.00 to $18.00 per hour based on experience and certifications.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Explore Austin's mission is to change the lives of underserved youth through leadership, mentoring, and adventure.
Company Website: www.exploreaustin.org
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)